Food, Energy, and Health

There is nothing better than feeling and looking your best. You are happier. You are more confident. But in order to both feel and look ...



There is nothing better than feeling and looking your best. You are happier. You are more confident. But in order to both feel and look your best, you have to be healthy. And health starts in the gut. I, unfortunately, am unable to say that my gut is the healthiest. I do not eat the best, and I do not work out as much as I should {if ever}. But I have plans to change that.

I want to embark in a month-long fitness and nutrition program. This is not an actual program, but it is something that I will be creating for myself. The rules and itinerary is not stringent; it''s actually pretty lax. However, I need to have some type of structure to motivate me and persuade me to get my butt into shape and back on the right path. 

Beginning in May, I will be writing a health post every Wednesday, updating you all on my progress. Goals, what I ate, exercises, and motivation quotes will be included in each post. The reason that I chose Wednesday is so that I can begin my week and see how it is going, and then write a mid-week reflection on what went wrong and how I can fix it for the remainder of the week. My weeks will include the weekend, so it will account for Sunday through Saturday. 

So, before I begin this self-imposed program, I would like to list a few goals that I have for myself for the entire thing.

Goals for the Entire Program

  • Lose weight. | I do not want to specify how much weight I would like to lose. A number no longer has any meaning to me. I believe that as long as you feel confident and comfortable with how you look (and there is no dire health problems), then a number is irrelevant. Maybe I should rephrase this to fit clothes better
  • Eat more fruits and vegetables and less junk food. | I would like to add more fruits and veggies to my daily diet, instead of having it enter my diet by happenstance. I already know that it is possible to wean my body off of junk because I no longer eat fast-food {and Subway doesn't count!}. It will probably just be a bit harder to do so with junk food because money and school does not equal healthy food. I must plan, plan, plan.
  • Drink water! | I am ashamed to admit that I do not drink water. Well, I do drink water, but it makes a scarce appearance every one or two days. In my defense, though, I can go from not drinking any water to craving some and only drinking that. {Yes, I do see how that is a very bad defense. I need water daily. Yah yah.} I want to try fruit infused water as well as plain water (which, in the past, has turned out to be my favorite). 
  • Walk 30 minutes or more everyday. | Excuses, excuses - I'm pretty sure that I've given them all for why I can not work out. "I'm tired." "My leg is injured." "My back hurts." "I'm on my period." But none of them are valid enough {except for the time that my leg was seriously injured. Woops.}. I want to get out and actually walk or run or dance or do anything at all for thirty minutes in my day. 


Check Out These Posts

0 comments