Tune Thursday: Ken-Y (+ Cinco de Mayo)

| Twitter | Instagram | iTunes |  Hola, baby. Anyone that knows me knows that I love Spanish music. Reggaeton, Bachata, Salsa, Reg...



Hola, baby. Anyone that knows me knows that I love Spanish music. Reggaeton, Bachata, Salsa, Regional Mexican - I like them all. One of my favorite artists, Ken-Y, is from Puerto Rico. He is known as "The King of Romance," which also happens to be the title of his most recent album. "Ángel y Diablo" is my favorite song off of the aforementioned album, and "Como Lo Hacia Yo feat. Nicky Jam" is a close second. To check out some of his music, have a listen below!

I would also like to mention that today is Cinco de Mayo! It is not the Mexican Independence Day like a lot of people think; that is celebrated on September 16th. Cinco de Mayo is actually the commemoration of Mexico's win during the Battle of Puebnla in 1862. While America celebrates this holiday a lot more than Mexico does {we obviously like any excuse to party; plus, it's a day we use to celebrate Mexican-Americans and their culture}, it is a day that everyone should learn about because of its historical events. I personally believe that if you are going to celebrate a holiday, then you should know (or attempt to learn) the history of it. It shows that you are interested in the culture and are not simply appropriating it in order to party. {This is not me trying to start an argument over any social issues.} Cinco de Mayo is not simply a party day. Take the day to celebrate and get to know the Mexican/Chicano(a) culture and traditions.

Check Out These Posts

0 comments